One scholarship is awarded annually to a student enrolled full-time in Year 2 of the Bachelor of Nursing (Fast Track/Accelerated) Program at a NL School of Nursing.
Application Deadline: October 15th
Applications are accepted from nursing students who:
- are enrolled full-time in Year 2 of a NL School of Nursing Fast Track/Accelerated program,
- have a minimum overall average of 75% in university credits towards their BN degree, and
- resided in NL at least 1 year prior to commencement of the BN program.
How to Apply
Please review the Application Requirements document before you begin the application.
Applications must be completed using the online application form.
Applications must be submitted using the Application Form. Applications are sent directly to your school of nursing.
If you have questions regarding the status of your application, please contact the main office of your school.
Late applications will not be considered.
The joint Undergraduate Studies Committee will review the applications and select a recipient. The committee will select one student for the Fast Track Year 2 Scholarship. The Undergraduate Studies Committee will rank the applicants on the basis of the following criteria (in order):
- academic ability,
- potential contribution to the nursing profession, and
- financial need (as determined by whether the applicant has received funding from other sources; personal financial information is not used)
Note: The scholarship must be used in the academic year in which it is granted.
Please see the Tips & FAQs page for answers to frequently asked questions and advice on completing your application. If the information you require is not listed there, please use the Online Contact Form to send us your question.