Conference bursaries are awarded annually to assist RNs and NPs to attend conferences relevant to their nursing practice. Applications are accepted from current CRNNL registrants in any practice setting or employment position.
Value: up to $1000
Application Deadline: October 15th
Note: Due to the impact of COVID-19 restrictions, the continuing education bursary criteria have been modified for the Fall competition such that the requirement that activities/events occur from July to December has been removed. Applications will be accepted for CE activities/events completed in 2021.
- Applicants will be notified whether or not their application is successful. Notifications will be sent via email using the address provided in your application. Please be sure to provide an email address that you check regularly.
- If your application is successful, the Trust will reimburse the amount of your bursary after you submit the required documentation (confirmation of expenses - including receipts, proof of attendance etc.).
- Bursary amounts may be adjusted based on the confirmation of your expenses.
- Due to an increase in the number applications, we are no longer able to respond to individual requests for information regarding the status of an application.
Applications are accepted from Registered Nurses who:
- are employed in nursing in NL,
- are attending a conference relevant to their nursing practice,
- have not received a Trust Conference or Post Basic Specialty Course Bursary within the past 5 years,
- are members in good standing with CRNNL,
- are members of the Trust, and
- are willing to share information obtained through participation in the conference with colleagues.
- All CRNNL registrants with a current practicing license are members of the Trust. CRNNL registrants with a current non-practicing membership can become members of the Trust by paying the $10 Trust membership fee.
- Preference will be given to applications from current practicing members.
- Recipients of Trust bursaries named in memory of an individual or designated for a particular specialty practice area in the past 5 years are eligible to apply for this bursary.
How to Apply
Please review the Application Requirements document before you begin the application. The requirements for supporting documentation are outlined in the document.
Applications must be completed using the online application form.
Late applications will not be considered.
Please see the Tips FAQs page for answers to frequently asked questions and advice on completing your application. If the information you require is not listed there, please use the Online Contact Form to send us your question.