Nursing research awards are available annually to RNs practicing in NL to support or assist them to carry out nursing research in practice, education or administration. The awards provide seed money for:
- developing a proposal,
- conducting a pilot or other small study, and
- further development of an ongoing research project.
Value: up to $2,500
Application Deadline: October 15th
Applicants must meet the following criteria to be considered:
- be a member in good standing with CRNNL,
- hold a practicing license.
- Applicants can only be PI or Co-PI on one application per funding year (April - March).
Note: Students in Master's or Doctoral education programs who are conducting research specifically in nursing may apply if the above criteria are met.
How to Apply
Applications must be completed online. There are two forms for this application:
- The team members form contains information about the project team. **NEW**
- The resume form contains specific resume information for the project's Principal Investigator (PI).
- The project form contains information about the research project.
- The budget form contains information about the project budget.
Please note that each PI must complete a resume form if there is more than one associated with the project. Also note that the Research Award Committee will not accept resumes or CVs in place of the resume form.
It is not possible to save the online application form. The application must be completed in one browsing session. Note that it is possible to copy and paste the information from another document (e.g., Word) directly into the web form.
You are required to provide additional documentation to support your application. The Application Requirements document outlines the supporting documentation that must be submitted in order for your application to be considered complete. Note that as of 2019 references are no longer required for the research award. Letters of support may be submitted, but are not required.
All supporting documentation must be received at CRNNL House by the application deadline.
Supporting Documentation can be mailed to:
Newfoundland & Labrador Registered Nurses' Education and Research Trust
55 Military Road
St. John's, NL A1C 2C5
Late and/or incomplete applications will not be accepted.
The Research Award Committee coordinates a peer review of the proposals. This Committee reports to the Trust Awards Committee. All proposals are reviewed through the peer review process for (in order):
- scientific merit,
- potential contribution to the profession of nursing,
- clarity, and
- Candidates successful in obtaining funds from other sources may be asked to accept the alternate funding.
- Only those projects that fall within the fundable range will be considered for funding.
- Preference may be given to applicants who have not received a nursing research award from the Trust in the past two (2) years.
Please see the Tips & FAQs page for answers to frequently asked questions and advice on completing your application. If the information you require is not listed there, please use the Online Contact Form to send us your question.