The St. Clare's Alumni Association annually awards a scholarship in memory of Isabel Woodford to a St. Clare’s Mercy Hospital School of Nursing graduate, or a son or daughter of a graduate, who is participating in a continuing education program/event.
A prior recipient of the St. Clare’s Alumni Association scholarship is not eligible to re-apply.
Value: up to $750
April 15th for Continuing Education events/programs between January 1st and June 30th
October 15th for Continuing Education events/programs between July 1st and December 31st
Applications outside of the specified timeframe will not be accepted (e.g., applications for CE events between January and June cannot be submitted in the fall competition).
NOTE: Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, the restriction on the timing of the application has been lifted for the Fall 2020 funding competition. Applications will be accepted for CE events between January and December 2020.
- There is only one bursary awarded per year.
- Funding decisions for the Spring competition will be made in early-mid May. The Fall funding decisions will be made in mid-late November.
- Applicants will be notified whether or not their application. Notifications will be sent via email using the address provided in your application. Please be sure to provide an email address that you check regularly.
- If your application is successful, the Trust will reimburse the amount of your bursary after you submit the required documentation.
- Bursary amounts may be adjusted based on the confirmation of your expenses.
- Due to an increase in the number applications, we are no longer able to respond to individual requests for information regarding the status of an application.
Applications are accepted from Registered Nurses who:
- are a graduate or son/daughter of a graduate of the St. Clare's Mercy Hospital School of Nursing,
- are not a prior recipient of this scholarship,
- are members in good standing with CRNNL, and
- are members of the Trust.
- All CRNNL registrants with a current practicing license are members of the Trust. CRNNL registrants with a current non-practicing membership can become members of the Trust by paying the $10 Trust membership fee.
- Preference will be given to applications from current practicing members.
How to Apply
Please review the Application Requirements Document before you begin the application. The requirements for supporting documentation are outlined in the document. Applications must be completed using the St. Clare's Alumni Association Scholarship Application Form.
Late applications will not be considered.
If your application is successful you will be required to provide additional documentation before the Trust will release your funds (e.g., proof of enrollment, proof of conference attendance, copy of receipts, etc.). Additional documentation requirements will be outlined in the notification email you receive from the Trust. Please ensure you retain copies of relevant documents.
Please see the Tips & FAQs page for answers to frequently asked questions and advice on completing your application. If the information you require is not listed there, please use the Online Contact Form to send us your question.