In recognition of its 50th anniversary in 2004, the Association of Registered Nurses of Newfoundland and Labrador (now the College of Registered Nurses of Newfoundland and Labrador) established an annual scholarship for a registered nurse who is enrolled in a Doctorate of Nursing program.
Only one ARNNL 50th Anniversary Scholarship will be awarded annually.
Value: $2000 (full-time) or $1000 (part-time)
Application Deadline: October 15th
- Funding decisions for the Fall competition will be made in mid-late November.
- Applicants will be notified whether or not their application is successful following the Awards Committee meeting. Notifications will be sent via email using the address provided in your application. Please be sure to provide an email address that you check regularly.
- Due to an increase in the number of applications, we are no longer able to respond to individual requests for information regarding the status of an application.
Applicants must meet the following criteria to be considered for the ARNNL 50th Anniversary Scholarship:
- are enrolled in a Doctorate of Nursing program at a recognized university,
- hold a Master of Nursing degree,
- have made a significant contribution to the nursing profession,
- are not a previous recipient of the scholarship for which they are applying,
- are a member in good standing with CRNNL, and
- are a member of the Trust.
Note: In the event there are no suitable Doctoral of Nursing applicants, the scholarship may be awarded to an applicant who meets the application criteria outlined and who is enrolled in either a Doctoral program in a non-nursing discipline or a Master of Nursing program. Applicants in a Doctoral program in another discipline must be doing research in a nursing area.
Preference will be given to applicants who have completed at least 1 year of their program.
All CRNNL registrants with a current practicing license are members of the Trust. CRNNL registrants with a current non-practicing license can become a member of the Trust by paying the $10 membership fee. Preference may be given to applicants with a practicing license.
How to Apply
Please review the Application Requirements document before you begin the application.
Applications must be completed using the Graduate Nursing Scholarship Application Form.
Late applications will not be considered.
You are required to provide additional documentation to support your application. The Application Requirements document includes a checklist of supporting documentation that must be submitted in order for your application to be considered complete. All supporting documentation (including references and transcripts) must be received at ARNNL House by the application deadline.
Supporting Documentation can be mailed to:
Newfoundland & Labrador Registered Nurses' Education & Research Trust
55 Military Road
St. John's, NL A1C 2C5
The Awards Committee will rank the applicants on the basis of the following criteria (in order):
- academic ability,
- potential contribution to the nursing profession,
- personal statement, and
- financial need (as determined by whether the applicant has received funding from other sources; personal financial information is not used).
Note: The scholarship must be used in the academic year in which it is granted.
Please see the Tips & FAQs page for answers to frequently asked questions and advice on completing your application. If the information you require is not listed there, please use the Online Contact Form to send us your question.