The Bay St. George Chapter was officially dissolved in March 2007. The Chapter transferred all unused funds to the Trust to be awarded in scholarships to registered nurses residing in their geographical area who are enrolled in a nursing degree program. One scholarship is awarded annually to an RN from the Bay St. George area who is completing a nursing degree program.
The geographical area of the Bay St. George Chapter is defined in the Chapter's Constitution to include the South Western area of the province starting at Long Point in the District of Port Au Port, east to Gallants and Bay St. George Districts.
A prior recipient of the Bay St. George Chapter Scholarship is not eligible to reapply.
Value: $2000 (full-time) or $1000 (part-time)
Application Deadline: October 15th
- Funding decisions for the Fall competition will be made in mid-late November.
- Applicants will be notified whether or not their application is successful following the committee meeting. Notifications will be sent via email using the address provided in your application. Please be sure to provide an email address that you check regularly.
- Due to an increase in the number applications, we are no longer able to respond to individual requests for information regarding the status of an application.
Who Can Apply
Applicants must meet the following criteria to be considered for the Bay St. George Chapter Scholarship:
- resided in the Bay St. George area for at least 3 years prior to commencement of university study,
- be enrolled (full-time or part-time) in a nursing graduate program (Master's of Nursing or Doctorate of Nursing) at a recognized university,
- have achieved a minimum overall average of 70% in their previous nursing program (Baccalaureate for Master's applicants and Master's for Doctoral applicants),
- demonstrates an above average level of interest/industry in a particular area of nursing,
- are not a previous recipient of the scholarship for which they are applying,
- be a member in good standing with CRNNL, and
- be a member of the Trust.
Applications are accepted from RNs in the first year of their program. However, preference will be given to those who have completed at least 1 year.
All CRNNL registrants with a current practicing license are members of the Trust. CRNNL members with a current non-practicing membership can become a member of the Trust by paying the $10 membership fee.
How to Apply
Please review the Application Requirements document before you begin the application.
Applications for academic programs must be completed using the Graduate Nursing Scholarship Application Form.
Late applications will not be considered.
You are required to provide additional documentation to support your application. The Application Requirements document includes a checklist of supporting documentation that must be submitted in order for your application to be considered complete. All supporting documentation (including references and transcripts) must be received at CRNNL House by the application deadline.
Supporting Documentation can be mailed to:
NL Registered Nurses' Education & Research Trust
55 Military Road
St. John's, NL A1C 2C5
The Awards Committee will rank the applicants on the basis of the following criteria (in order):
- academic ability,
- potential contribution to the nursing profession,
- personal statement, and
- financial need (as determined by whether the applicant has received funding from other sources; personal financial information is not used).
Note: The scholarship must be used in the academic year in which it is granted.
Please see the Tips & FAQs page for answers to frequently asked questions and advice on completing your application. If the information you require is not listed there, please use the Online Contact Form to send us your question.