One continuing education bursary is awarded annually to a Registered Nurse who exemplifies the professional attributes of Nancy Llewellyn RN and who intends to pursue a career in pediatric nursing. The purpose of the bursary is to assist nurses currently working in pediatrics to pursue a continuing education activity directly related to their practice, teaching, and/or management role. Programs may include a BN or MN program, conference, management course or certification program.
Value: up to $500
- April 15th for initial or re-certification between January 1st and June 30th of the current year
- October 15th initial or re-certification between July 1st and December 31st of the current year
Applications outside of the specified timeframe will not be accepted (e.g., applications for CE events between January and June cannot be submitted in the fall competition)
References are accepted from a registered nurse* in a leadership position who can speak to the applicant’s motivation and initiative with regard to their nursing practice and how the applicant demonstrates the qualities of Nancy Llewellyn, RN:
- caring and dedicated to nursing,
- outgoing personality and demonstrates and enthusiasm and joy for life,
- sensitive to the needs of children and especially understands their fears,
- demonstrates a positive attitude towards a child's ability to heal and overcome illness, and
- demonstrates verbally and non-verbally to children and their families gentleness, kindness and compassion.
If you are providing a reference for an applicant, please review the Reference Requirements Document prior to starting the reference form.
References can be completed using the Reference Form. Letters of reference will not be accepted.
References must be submitted by the application deadline in order to be considered.
*References are accepted from non-nurses in situations where the applicant’s manager/supervisor is not a registered nurse.
Please see the Tips & FAQs page for answers to frequently asked questions and advice on completing your application. If the information you require is not listed there, please use the Online Contact Form to send us your question.