Bursaries are awarded annually to assist registered nurses with the self-paid costs incurred to complete a post-basic continuing education course/program that will enhance their nursing practice. Individual courses completed towards a degree program (BN, MN, PhD) are not eligible. Applications will be accepted from RNs working in any practice setting or employment position.
NOTE: If you are obtaining specialty certification from an organization other than CNA (e.g., Certified Diabetes Educator, Certified Lactation Consultant, etc.) you can use this application. If you are obtaining specialty certification from CNA, please see the CNA Certification Bursary page.
Value: up to $1000
Application Deadlines: October 15
Note: Due to the impact of COVID-19 restrictions, the continuing education bursary criteria have been modified for the Fall competition such that the requirement that activities/events occur from July to December has been removed. Applications will be accepted for CE activities/events completed in 2021.
- Funding decisions will be made in mid-late May for the Spring competition and mid-late November for the Fall competition.
- Applicants will be notified whether or not their application is successful. Notifications will be sent via email using the address provided in your application. Please be sure to provide an email address that you check regularly.
- If your application is successful, the Trust will reimburse the amount of your bursary after you submit the required documentation (i.e., proof of successful completion of the course/program/exam).
- Due to an increase in the number applications, we are no longer able to respond to individual requests for information regarding the status of an application.
Applications are accepted from Registered Nurses who:
- are employed in nursing in NL,
- are enrolled in a post-basic education course/program that is relevant to the enhancement of nursing care of clients and/or nursing as a profession,
- have not received a Trust Conference or Post Basic Specialty Course Bursary in the 5 years prior to this application.
- are members in good standing with CRNNL, and
- are members of the Trust.
Note: All CRNNL registrants with a current practicing license are members of the Trust. CRNNL registrants with a current non-practicing membership can become members of the Trust by paying the $10 Trust membership fee. Preference will be given to those with a practicing license.
Recipients of Trust bursaries named in memory of an individual or designated for a particular specialty practice area in the past 5 years are eligible to apply for this bursary.
How to Apply
Please review the Application Requirements document before you begin the application. The requirements for supporting documentation are outlined in the document.
Applications must be completed using the Post Basic Specialty Course Bursary Application Form.
Please see the Tips & FAQs page for answers to frequently asked questions and advice on completing your application. If the information you require is not listed there, please use the Online Contact Form to send us your question.